Tuesday, January 20, 2009

I learned what a pain it is to do a physicians consult. I had a pt. with high blood pressure that was deaf. It was hard to communicate just through writing things down. I was just having a hard time understanding who the Dr. was that I needed to contact and then I found out that the pt. was taking medications that had not been written on the health history that were important for me to know. I didn't get to see this pt. today. I know this was not a good appointment for me or the patient. Things were just a little confusing.

2 comments:

chelson said...

What a deal! I was feeling for you when you were trying to communicate with your patient. That is definitely a tough barrier to have a deaf patient.

jAcKi said...

One of the most stressful things for me was the doctor's consult in trying to contact the correct doctor because my patient didn't even know the clinic number or doctor's name. But it's a good learning experience I supposed.