Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Bad start day

Well, today was getting to be so frustrating.  I had a cancellation in the morning again.  I am getting so sick of people who say they will come and they end up not coming the next day, but today ended up working out better than I could have hoped.  I found another patient to come in in a hurry and I think she will be a good mock board patient.  She was in two years ago, but one of her quadrants has a lot of calculus.  I also took 4 BWX with the scan-x system.  It was my first time using the machine.  I think it worked out pretty well.

My afternoon patient ended up being a class 4.  I took a full mouth, which seems to take a lot of time and I cleaned one quadrant.  It was the toughest calculus that I have cleaned yet!  It was a good experience for me.  He'll come back in a couple of weeks.  I also got finished with my anesthesia requirements.  I still need practice, but it's nice to be done with something.  

Today ended up being a very productive day.  I felt like I accomplished a lot.  It was a long day though and I am glad to have this one done!

1 comment:

mindy-lou said...

Hey Emilie, I am glad to hear that things are going well for you. I miss not having clinic with you, or hardly seeing you at all for that matter. That is sweet that you found a mockboard. I still need to find mine!