Tuesday, February 3, 2009

Mock Board Disaster

My patient was so good and arrived early. I was getting started and then I noticed it.... a cold sore. I was so disappointed. I had just seen my patient last week and everything worked out so well. I just didn't think that this was going to turn out this way. I felt better knowing that I could make up mock board on another day in clinic, but I really wanted to be able to do something today. I was all ready. I even had all the x-rays, which I hadn't had at the previous mock board. I guess that's how some days work or don't work out. It's a little frustrating, but there's nothing I can do about it now.

3 comments:

jAcKi said...

YOu poor thing, that is just the worst luck. I think they need to put a history of cold sores on the health history paper.

tiffers said...

Sorry about your pt. Glad that you get to make it up. It's good to know that that is possible. I think that I am going to start asking everyone if they have a cold sore when I call to confirm them.

Chelsea Buckwalter said...

Holy cow! That would be the ultimate frustration!!! Its good that you can make it up though! That was totally out of your hands! Im sure it will work out better for you later on. Hand in there!!!